Title: Grants and Contracts Associate
Duty Station Location: Harare
Summary of Job Functions:
Assist in the administration of subawards from pre-award assessment to grant close-out, ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations. The Grants and Contracts Associate will support in ensuring that the subrecipients have adequate management, accounting, personnel, and procurement systems, appropriate governance structures, resources, and quality control systems to satisfactorily conduct the project activities. He/She will assist in conducting cost analysis for different budget line items, considering prevailing market conditions, to determine the reasonableness of proposed budget estimates.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in drafting sub-recipient packs for review by the Grants and Contracts Officer. These will include sub-grant agreements and any modifications, budgets and narratives for accuracy, completeness and clarity to ensure high quality final submissions.
- Assist in the review of subrecipient SFRs and supporting documentation before reimbursements
- Draft payment packages for funds disbursements by finance, track disbursements and reconcile subrecipient advances
- Assist in subrecipient capacity building to ensure strong financial management skill
- Assist in conducting periodic compliance reviews on sub-recipient organizations as part of sub-recipient monitoring to ensure that they are compliant with the sub-grant terms and conditions, FHI 360 policies as well as the applicable funder rules and regulations
- Assist in drafting subrecipient monitoring plans, compliance tracking tools and monitoring reports
- Assist in training the project staff in standardized procedures for efficient sub-award management
- Conduct other general finance/administrative functions as may be requested
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations, various funding mechanisms and types of award of acquisition (contracts) and assistance (cooperative agreements and grants)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- English language fluency, both oral and written
- Devoted learner, proactive with proven time management skills
- Team player possessing excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Detail oriented with strong capacity building skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Industrial Management, and/or Management
- At least 3 years relevant experience Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC, HND or any other relevant professional qualification
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grant rules and regulations, procurement and auditing standards will be an added advantage
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.