Overall Job Purpose
Provide technical support to partner organizations, ensuring their compliance with partner policies, as well as funding and reporting requirements from inception to contract closure in accordance with grant agreements and ensuring organizational compliance to donor agreements.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Provide technical support to partner organizations and sub-grantees in the development of budgets and costed workplans to be followed during award contract periods;
- Provide technical support to partners and sub-grantees to put in place effective and sound financial management systems and provide support;
- Review budgets to ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements;
- Facilitate grant payments to partners and sub-grantees;
- Receive and assess financial reports ensuring compliance with donor requirements on proper reporting of expenditures, invoicing, procurement and asset management;
- Receive and assess audited financial reports, including management letters from partners.
- Follow up on issues raised by auditors in the management letters from partners and ensure resolution;
- Track processes in relation to disbursement receipts, financial reports, completed assessment tools and audited financial statements.
- Provide guidance and facilitate partner institutional financial capacity strengthening plans, ensuring partner organizations implement programmes effectively, efficiently and sustainably;
- Participate in assessment and induction of new partners on financial management;
- Consolidate grant financial reports in relation to the allocated programme /projects;
- Track grants disbursement and expenditure and provide internal reporting schedules.
- Work with programme teams on coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan and costed workplans;
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules;
- Monitor partner compliance, conduct field office site visits to ensure consistency with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and performance measures;
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes;
- Review partner records and archiving system to ensure compliance with policy guidelines.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures;
- Maintain up to date assets register including undertaking annual asset inventory;
- Maintain a monitoring log in respect of financial information due to and from partner organizations;
- Review and verify that partners maintain proper books of accounts, including an up-to-date register of assets as well as proper filing and archiving of financial documents;
- Review partner procurement processes and ensure that purchases comply with policy guidelines;
- Review partner records and archiving system to ensure compliance with policy and procedure guidelines;
- Check acquittals, do receipts and banking for projects;
- Perform other related duties and functions as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent qualification;
- At least 3 years’ experience of financial grant management and reporting from the NGO sector.
Job competencies & experience
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Analytical, report writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrates consistency in upholding integrity and ethics;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting software;
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive attitude;
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11 December 2020