SNV Zimbabwe is implementing Opportunities for Youth Employment (OYE) project funded by SIDA and SDC. The project seeks to improve the livelihoods and future prospects for 10,000 youth (among whom at least 50% are young women by creating “green” employment and enterprise opportunities in agriculture, energy and other emerging sectors. The project aims to sustainably increase youth employment and income by skills and capacity development of youth (push factor), linking these youth to market opportunities for employment and enterprise development (match factor), in growth sectors that have concrete potential for employment creation (pull factor).
The objective of this consultancy is to create digital online messages in the form of short videos and fact sheets to support sensitization and orientation initiatives under the OYE project. The messages are targeting the communities, local authorities and the youth. The messages should inform the target audience about that opportunities for (self) employment presented by OYE project, the eligibility criteria as well as the process of signing up to participate in OYE.
Role of the consultant
The Specific Task Of The Consultant Will Be To
- Conceptualize and design engaging messages in the following formats;
- 1 short video approximately 2 minutes
- 1 digital audio message approximately 2 minutes long
- 1 pager infographic
- Identifying channels to be used to convey the messages
- Provide preliminary video and fact sheet design based on information provided by SNV
- Incorporate comments, suggestions and corrections to the preliminary designs
- Finalise the materials based on feedback and obtain a final sign off
- Qualification in graphic design or related field
- Expert knowledge in graphic design and graphic design software
- Experience an advertising or communications, graphic design
- Familiarity with use of social media platforms for information dissemination
- Extensive experience undertaking similar projects
- Good communication skills
Duration of contract: This consulting assignment is expected to begin once the current ban on fieldwork, necessitated by Covid-19 pandemic has been lifted. Expected duration of the consultancy is 30 days. The final version of the assessment report as approved by SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is to be submitted no later than 30 working days after commencement of the assignment.
How To Apply
Please apply by clicking HERE and submitting an Expression of Interest which will include CV and past performance referees in English before 12 June, 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment
Related Jobs (10)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time