CBZ Holdings’ Group IT is hiring a HARDWARE TECHNICIAN
The role – what we expect from you:
- Receive new hardware equipment and perform component verification and testing of received equipment.
- Setup and test equipment for delivery to end users.
- Configure user customisations on the Operating System and Applications.
- Activate user licenses for the Operating System and the Applications
- Design the hardware set-up of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) systems.
- Install EFT Operating System software and Application software on EFT servers and EFT peripherals such as POS devices, ATMs and Hardware Security Modules HSMs.
- Deploy EFT System components as per change management guidelines.
- Monitor inventory levels for machine spare components and replenishment.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on user machines and EFT Hardware.
- Maintain ETF systems’ software through application of updates and patches.
- Perform proactive and reactive capacity management activities on EFT systems to minimise service disruptions
- Produce systems documentation for all supported gadgets
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all IT Hardware and Software assets.
- Set up DR for all hardware, document DR invocation procedures and perform routine tests in line with guidelines.
- Implement and review IT Security controls in area of operation.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- 5 Years’ experience of Hardware/Desktop/EFT systems support
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- HP, FLAPS, HP Blade systems Administration, Microsoft, Security+, A+, City Guilds or equivalent
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware architecture and maintenance
- Knowledge of EFT systems
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication Skills
Please email application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for as the subject title.
Applications close Tuesday 16 June 2020.
Related Jobs (13)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time