CBZ Holdings’ Group IT is hiring a HARDWARE TECHNICIAN
The role – what we expect from you:
- Receive new hardware equipment and perform component verification and testing of received equipment.
- Setup and test equipment for delivery to end users.
- Configure user customisations on the Operating System and Applications.
- Activate user licenses for the Operating System and the Applications
- Design the hardware set-up of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) systems.
- Install EFT Operating System software and Application software on EFT servers and EFT peripherals such as POS devices, ATMs and Hardware Security Modules HSMs.
- Deploy EFT System components as per change management guidelines.
- Monitor inventory levels for machine spare components and replenishment.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on user machines and EFT Hardware.
- Maintain ETF systems’ software through application of updates and patches.
- Perform proactive and reactive capacity management activities on EFT systems to minimise service disruptions
- Produce systems documentation for all supported gadgets
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all IT Hardware and Software assets.
- Set up DR for all hardware, document DR invocation procedures and perform routine tests in line with guidelines.
- Implement and review IT Security controls in area of operation.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- 5 Years’ experience of Hardware/Desktop/EFT systems support
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- HP, FLAPS, HP Blade systems Administration, Microsoft, Security+, A+, City Guilds or equivalent
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware architecture and maintenance
- Knowledge of EFT systems
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication Skills
Please email application and CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for as the subject title.
Applications close Tuesday 16 June 2020.