Our client, NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to engage a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Head Audit.
The incumbent will report to the Board Audit Committee.
KEY JOB PURPOSE
The Head Audit is responsible for the development and implementation of an internal audit plan for the company. The incumbent takes the lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits with the objective of improving the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, and governance processes.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develops an annual internal audit plan using risk based support models and methodologies and ensures its full implementation;
- Schedules and assigns audits to team members, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources;
- Oversees and provides quality control for the department’s audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met, and that professional standards are maintained at all times;
- Reports to the Board Audit Committee at the required intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other ad-hoc activity as required;
- Facilitates the formulation of new procedures and organizational changes resulting from audit/consulting engagements and discusses changes in related policies, rules, procedures, and methods;
- Researches and keeps abreast with new audit regulations/trends, new and emerging technologies, tools, and methodology, and elicits information from knowledgeable internal/external sources about areas and functions to evaluate or analyze;
- Liaises with and implements recommendations of External Auditors;
- Develops and manages the department’s budget;
- Supervises, evaluates, instructs, delegates duties and tasks, directly mentors, counsels and monitors the audit staff, and ensure staff compliance with regulations, company policies, deadlines, and auditing standards;
- Maintains a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, training, skills, and experience to meet the requirements of the Board Audit Committee.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting degree or equivalent is a prerequisite;
- Must be a Chartered Accountant;
- A holder of a post graduate degree such as MBA or equivalent will have an added advantage;
- A minimum of 8 years similar work experience, 4 years of which should have been at a managerial level.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;Astute leadership;
- Must have excellent process evaluation and analysis skills
- A thorough understanding of systems and risk based auditing;
- Must be able to evaluate and interpret financial statements;
- Must have a thorough understanding of market trends and related dynamics and be able to advice management accordingly;
Confidential inquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on 0712 605 026 or Cahatas Burnbira on +263 (242) 172 778/770 018
7th Floor, Fidelity Life Tower,
Raleigh Street, Harare.
Proserve, a leading supplier of Professional Executive Appointment Services has been exclusively retained to assist with execution of this assignment.
Please note that NO direct contact should be made with NetOne, its Board or Management as this will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Closing Date: 30 August 2020