CBZ AGRO-YIELD IS HIRING A HEAD – FINANCE
A great opportunity has opened within CBZ AGRO-YIELD, a dominant player in the Agriculture value chain and subsidiary of CBZ HOLDINGS LIMITED for the position of Head – Finance. If you are looking for a challenging position, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Develop the company’s financial strategy and budget in collaboration with the Managing Director and Divisional Director, Finance.
- Implement the financial strategy including interpreting the overall business strategy into financial targets.
- Oversee the day to day financial and management accounting matters for the company and ensure implementation of changes in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRs) and other regulations within the financial and management accounting sections
- Prepare statutory financial reports (Quarterly, Half year and Full year) for submission to the Board, Group Finance and EXCO.
- Prepare the Annual Report in accordance to IFRS and in compliance with other regulatory and legislative guidelines.
- Manage the annual Budgeting preparation processes and ensure the Budgeting process is in line with the set strategic goals.
- Initiate and manage periodic budget reviews in line with economic developments or other significant strategic / operational variations to the original budgets.
- Develop management control systems for financial performance measurement.
- Ensure timeous preparation and presentation of monthly management reports and detailed monthly analyses of revenue and expenditure outcomes.
- Undertake analysis of new financial developments, projects and provide guidance in improving financial reporting processes in line with the reporting trends and requirements.
- Determine the appropriate funding for the company’s working capital, ensuring availability of adequate working capital to meet obligations as they fall due and arrange facilities to bridge funding gaps.
- Develop and monitor credit control mechanisms, and implement systems and procedures to ensure efficient & effective management of the company’s finances.
- Institute treasury management, investing excess funding in a manner that maximizes return on investment.
- Spearhead the Asset and Liabilities Management function of the company.
- Continuously assess the going concern status of the company and raise any capital needed to maintain a healthy capital position.
- Collaborate and coordinate the activities of outside suppliers of financial services contracted by the company, including preparing for all internal / external audit activities and clearing of audit issues.
- Ensure compliance with tax, regulatory and industry statutes and requirements.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to subordinates and ensure succession planning.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- An Accounting Degree or similar qualification from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution
- A post graduate qualification, i.e. CA, ACCA, CIMA,
- MSc, MBA, MBL would be an added advantage.
- 10 years relevant working experience, 5 years of which should be at Senior Management level.
- Strong business acumen with good strategy formulation and implementation skills.
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Good self and team management skills.
- Good stakeholder relationship management.
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, 03 December 2020