A great opportunity has opened within CBZ Bank Limited, a subsidiary of CBZ HOLDINGS LIMITED for the position of Head – Internal Audit. If you are willing to join and lead our team of energetic and experienced Audit professionals to bring an independent and objective assurance in the sound operation of the Bank’s business, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Develop the Audit Plan in line with the Audit Charter, including programmes and procedures to evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the Bank’s internal control environment.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the day to day internal audit activities ensuring that all audit work is performed independently with due diligence and timeliness.
- Build good relationships to influence and guide the development of appropriate strategies to improve financial and operational management of the business.
- Collaborate with External auditors to ensure effectiveness of service delivery and appropriate resolution of findings/issues identified.
- Carry out quality assessment and quality control checks on APM’s, ASW’s and final audit reports.
- Review internal audit reports for distribution to the Board and regulatory authorities.
- Make presentations to the Bank Board on quarterly internal audit findings.
- Assist the Chief Auditor in attending, contributing and evaluating the formulation and implementation of Group strategy.
- Collaborate with Business Unit leaders to resolve audit exceptions.
- Monitor the evaluation of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop organizational competence framework for the audit function to integrate best practices in work flow processes, measurement, technologies and resource deployment.
- Develop a professional Audit team with the requisite knowledge, skills, experience, and certifications to meet the requirements of the charter.
- Develop and undertake periodic reviews of the Internal Audit Manual.
- Research on, and recommend new ideas and approaches for the Audit function
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- A Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance or similar qualification from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution
- A post graduate qualification, i.e. MSc, MBA, MBL, CA, would be an added advantage
- CIA certification
- 10 years relevant working experience, 5 years of which should be at Senior Management level
- Strong business acumen and service orientation
- Outstanding strategic planning and management skills
- Knowledge of business systems and processes
- Sound understanding of accounting principles, standards and practices
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent skills in application of auditing tools
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, 03 November 2020