Our client, NETONE Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to engage a suitably qualified .d experienced candidate to fill the position of Head Legal/Company Secretary. The incumbent will be part of tho team responsible for the formulation and implementation of the corporate vision and strategy.
Reporting to the Group CEO and to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will be responsible for the provision of sound legal advice in line with corporate governance guidelines.. well as corporate secretarial services to the Company, Board of Directors, Board Committees and the Executive Management Committee.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and effectively implement a robust corporate legal strategy.
- Provide Secretarial services to the Board, Shareholders and Committee meetings including convening the meetings. preparation of agenda and papers as well as drafting of minutes and extracting resolutions thereafter
- Effectively coordinate all Board activities and meetings, including the training and induction of new Board members.
- Provide the Board and its committees with all requisite information and support to ensure that they effectively discharge their duties.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Board, management and staff on matters of corporate law and ethics in compliance with corporate governance principals.
- Maintain tho corporate governance framework and ensure compliance across the ensure organization.
- Manage the process of outsourcing external legal services and give appropriate instructions and adequate briefing to the external legal professionals.
- Oversee the drafting and maintenance of all legal documentation to ensure that the interests of NetOne are adequately protected or safeguarded in various aspects and in all litigation.
- Administer the debt collection portfolio and ensure that litigation is instituted appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations through the maintenance of a robust system for record keeping of all statutory documents. as well as timely submission of returns to various regulatory bodies and custody of the same.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
The successful candidate for this Executive position should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a relevant Bachelor of Laws (BL) Degree, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree or equivalent.
- A postgraduate qualification such as full Chartered Institute of Secretaries (C.I.S) or any other equivalent/relevant qualifications is preferred.
- A Master of Business Administration or Master in Business Leadership degree is an add. advantage.
- At least 8 years hands-on legal experience is required of which 5 years should have been at a senior level, preferably handling corporate secretarial matters.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
- Have a demonstrable understanding of the various laws and instruments regulating the telecoms sector.
- Must have sound knowledge and exposure to Board activities. meeting management and circular preparation.
- A solid understanding of Corporate Governance principles.
Confidential inquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on 0712 605 025 or Calistas Bumhira on +263 (242) 772 778/770 035,
Fidelity Life Tower,
Proserve, a leading supplier of Professional Executive Appointment Services has been exclusively retained to assist with execution of this assignment.
Please note that NO direct contact should be made with NetOne, its Board or Management as this will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Closing Date: 19 July 2020
Related Jobs (5)
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract