Save the Children International PVO 03/2002 is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children (SC)’s Zimbabwe Country Office is inviting applications for the below Harare based 2 year fixed – term contract national staff position. Candidates must have the right to reside and work in Zimbabwe.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Zimbabwe, the Head of Finance shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office(CO). The incumbent is responsible for finance administration, fiscal management and financial reporting of all CO teams, in both emergency and development programming contexts. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of seven years management experience in a corporate or International NGO (INGO) environment, with three years at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization;
- Strong background in external donor reporting for an INGO and experience working with major donors like NORAD, ECHO, USAID, EU, DFID etc;
- Successful experience of working in a large-scale programme and matrix management structure;
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience in financial management, budgeting and budget management, building, leading and motivating teams, knowledge of computer Accounting packages and a good understanding of major donors’ financial requirements and government budgets and tax policies;
- Excellent experience and understanding of budgeting, budget management and financial systems and procedures;
- Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary;
- A full appreciation of the value of cooperation, both internationally and within a team environment;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles, including rights-based approaches.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies;
- Experience in, and/or knowledge of Zimbabwe and local languages and fluency in English
Apply online here
Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30 April 2020 (COB)