Duty Station: Harare
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe, is preparing a response program to deliver life-saving, livelihood, WASH and protection assistance to the most vulnerable in Rushinga, Gokwe North and South through providing multi-purpose cash assistance and livelihood and food security support, improving access to safe water, and hygiene and sanitation services, as well as educational sensitization with a focus on COVID- 19. Key is to ensure incorporation of protection principles such as safety and dignity, meaningful access and participation as well as accountability to ensure that activities target the most vulnerable, including women, elderly and people living with disability. The action is planned for 14 months. (Please note that these positions will be filled subject to the approval of funding.)
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Head of Project who will be responsible for the implementation of the field based activities of the project.
The Head of Project will be responsible for:
- Management of all project staff and project activities;
- Providing sound technical guidance and support to staff and project partners and stakeholders to ensure quality programming and efficiency in implementation;
- Influencing the development of strategy and supporting operational implementation;
- Interpreting and applying operational and specialist information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources;
- Developing effective networks with partners and key stakeholders;
- Spearheading and contributing to the development of new humanitarian project proposals;
- Ensuring the Emergency project is in accordance with best practices and Welthungerhilfe policy;
- Ensuring that technical quality and standards are maintained during implementation;
- Undertaking quality control, analysing technical added-value and project impact;
- Coordination with the humanitarian architecture/cluster system and other humanitarian actors;
- Providing technical support and guidance to Welthungerhilfe partners;
- Assess activities undertaken to ensure efficient use of project resources;
- Maintaining regular communication with the Head of Programmes and the Country Director on project planning and progress;
- Contributing to the compilation of reports as per donor requirements and ensure timely submission of reports as per given deadlines;
- Assuring appropriate and timely spending of funds to achieve project goals and objectives.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Masters Degree in Agriculture, Development/Humanitarian Studies, International Relations, Environmental Studies;
- Knowledge of public health engineering, and one or more other relevant areas (e.g. nutrition, community development, education, community water supply systems, sanitation systems etc.);
- At least 6 years experience in areas related to cash programming, food and nutrition security and protection, 3 of which should be in and International NGO;
- Familiar with the humanitarian architecture/cluster system;
- Experience and understanding of community mobilisation in relation to cash distribution, water and sanitation activities;
- Understanding of international Food Security and development and relief issues and national WASH issues;
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations;
- Experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into food security programmes;
- Assessment, analytical and planning skills;
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills;
- Training/counterpart development skills; People management skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Stated experience in report writing,
- Ability to travel at short notice and to work in difficult circumstances;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
To apply for any of the positions above, please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 June 2020
Related Jobs (8)
Project Management Assistant (Economic Growth Office FSN-9) on November 14, 2020 Contract