Closing Date : 20-05-2020
Reference Number : ECO200508-3
Job Title : Head Risk & Governance
Company : Higher Life Foundation
Reporting To : Chief Executive Officer
Job Type Classification : Long Term Contract
Location : Harare, Zimbabwe
The successful candidate will be expected to review the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, control framework and to provide an independent objective opinion and advice and consulting services to management and the board so as to achieve organisational objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- Post graduate qualification (e.g. MBA /MSC) and Chartered Accountant will be an advantage.
- Possess 4 – 6 years’ working experience with 2 years in a senior position.
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, multi skilled & able to interact at senior level.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess ability to understand broader organisational issues.
Key Result Areas
- Planning, designing and implementing an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) plan for the organisation.
- Conducting risk assessments for the organisation, that is, analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and evaluating the risks affecting the operations, projects and activities of the organisation.
- Designs the risk assessment methodology to guide line departments in risk assessments.
- Reviews business plans and project proposals from Departments to assess risk issues and advise accordingly.
- Analyses and reviews the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the governance framework put in place by management and the Board to ensure compliance to best practices on an on-going basis.
- Promotes the design, implementation and review of management, organisational performance and accountability policies, procedures, values and systems to achieve sound corporate governance continuously.
- Managing oversight of risk and promoting a culture of good compliance and risk awareness.
- Ensuring regulatory and company/group requirements are met and that there is suitable evidence to support this.
- Responding to regulatory consultations to ensure that the implications of the proposal and any issues around implementation are understood.
- Participate in all major regulatory projects that have a business impact.
- Ensure all changes to policies, procedures, projects and regulations are fully embedded within the business and, where appropriate, that the appropriate testing is undertaken.
- Monitoring organisational programs and activities to ensure compliance with internal policies as well as external regulatory requirements.
- Assists managers at all levels across the organisation ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level within the business and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities;
- Prepares annual audit targets, deadlines and schedules to improve governance, risk and control processes.
- Evaluates, measure and develop risk rating criteria for allocating audit resources during the year.
- Evaluates the organisation’s readiness in case of disruption of any form
- Designs the Audit and risk plan to improve corporate governance, risk management and control for review and approval by the Board Audit and Risk committee.
- Reviews organisational policies and procedure proposals in line with environmental changes to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for managing the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) function across the organisation.
Related Jobs (22)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time