Reports to: The Programme Coordinator – Bulawayo
JF Kapnek, a registered PVO which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986, whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs, is seeking to fill this vacancy for its OVC Program.
Objectives for the position
Coordination of Health interventions:
- Coordinate with the MoHCC, District Health office, District AIDS Coordinator, and targeted CSOs to support direct service delivery and technical assistance for HIV community-based services;
- Coordinate the successful implementation of Integrated Mother baby Course (IMBC) to support EID according to the standard operating procedures;
- Participate in strategic district/provincial/national health coordination meetings;
- Participate in monthly clinical-community partner feedback or review meetings;
- Linking and collaborating with OVC and clinical partners for effective bi-directional referrals;
- Ensure referral completion for all HTS services;
- Submit timely, accurate and quality reports on all district community coordination activities performed.
Providing technical leadership, assistance and oversight on HIV community-based services:
- Develop strategies to map, identify and enroll onto the pathways key and priority populations in the districts of operation;
- Implement strategies to improve HTS, adherence and retention into care and treatment among PLHIV;
- Facilitate the provision of community-based services under the HEALTH domain particularly towards the 95-95-95 epidemic control targets;
- Spearheading strategic decisions in addressing HIV treatment gaps as per the HIV Cascade;
- Support the provision of HIV sensitive case management in line with National Case Management System.
Capacity building of staff and volunteers on HIV treatment literacy:
- Spearhead the training of staff and community cadres including CATs, CHWs and CCWs on HIV treatment literacy as part of capacity building;
- Together with MEAL team develop appropriate quality control and quality assurance systems for all aspects of HIV community-based services;
- Ensure the provision of ongoing mentorship support to staff and community cadres on standard operating procedures as part of quality control.
Advance scientific evidence base for HIV community-based programming:
- Ensuring the collection of quality and use of HIV related data across the district/s of programming;
- In collaboration with the MEAL team ensure that data collected is accurate and valid and captures process and outcome indicators;
- Ensure timely production and sharing of weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports on health interventions;
- Select, review and approve documented best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine monthly updates, quarterly and annual reports.
- Degree/Diploma in a health-related field e.g. nursing, medicine, clinical practice or community health;
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing HIV prevention and response services, particularly to key and priority populations;
- Experience gained through serving within a government institution or NGO with proven ability to coordinate activities of different stakeholders at district and or sub national level;
- Registered with the relevant professional council in Zimbabwe;
- Trained in HIV Management;
- Demonstrated training and mentorship experience;
- Ability to lead team and inspire confidence;
- Should be flexible to work weekends and after hours and to be on call in emergencies;
- Experience in implementing and applying quality improvement approaches and providing training to service providers and stakeholders;
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must;
- Good analytical skills and ability to support a cross section of community cadres;
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
Cover letter and up-to-date detailed CV should be forwarded to the undersigned. Applications to be considered as they are received. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding and safeguarding children’s rights.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy and also be bound by the Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Policy.
Deadline: 11 September 2020 (12 pm)