A local NGO that envisions a Harm and disease-free society, is looking for skilled, passionate and committed professionals to implement a TB project. This project, uses a community rights and gender-based approach and innovations to end TB, targeting artisanal small-scale miners, surrounding communities and other high-risk groups. The intervention seeks to find TB cases, increase awareness and ultimately reduce TB incidence and mortality.
The positions will be based in Gweru, Gwanda, Kwekwe, Mwenezi, Chirumhanzu, Insiza, Shurugwi, Zvishavane and interested professionals should be prepared to work in both rural and urban setting.
The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed, culture or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.
- All incumbents should be able to ride or willing to learn
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions mentioned below;
HEALTH OFFICER (4 posts)
The Health Officer is responsible for ensuring patients receive comprehensive and quality services (palliative care) that address physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual needs of DR-TB patients including people living with HIV and their families. He or she is also responsible for advocating for improved quality of life for DR-TB patients, as well as providing palliative care training and technical support to community health workers (CHW).
- Nursing Diploma/ Degree
- Experience in Palliative Care and/or TB programming is a must
- A minimum of two years’ nursing experience
- Experience in training and facilitation in community-based care settings
- A self-starter with ability to work under work pressure
- Experience in TB, HIV and AIDS and community health care
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A clean class four driver’s licence with a minimum of three years’ experience
Interested applicants should e-mail an application, CV, copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1200hrs 27 march 2020.
NB: Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted