Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the above vacant positions.
POSITION : HEALTH PROMOTION OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
GRADE : 8
LOCATION : DISTRICTS
REPORTS TO : SENIOR HEALTH PROMOTION OFFICER
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Establishes, manages and maintains a fully functional Health education, promotion and wellness unit at district level in Harare.
- Designs, produces and distributes information, education, and communication (IEC) materials on all health communication needs in the districts.
- Conducts operational research for problem prioritization through carrying out routine social and epidemiological diagnosis to identify health education and promotion needs of individuals, organisations, and communities.
- Designs and implements strategies for the integration of health education, promotion and wellness into all health programs (PMTCT, EPI, HIV/AIDS, TB, VIAC, MDA, SGBV, ASHR, MCH-FP, mental health, seasonal diseases and epidemics like cholera)
- Conducts advocacy meetings with staff, stakeholders, community opinion leaders and partners for the sake of gaining support, mobilization of resources and utilization of health services for disease prevention and control.
- Conducts and manages health education and promotion programs as well as performing any other duties as and when required.
- Compiles district monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Health Education and Health Promotion.
- Masters in Health Promotion/Public Health related post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- Registration certificate
- Valid practicing certificate.
- At least 2 years as a Health Promotion Officer
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Attention to detail
- Good report writing skills
- A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates
NB : City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer.
A hand written application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of both educational and professional qualifications should be submitted to the:-
Acting Human Capital Director
P.O Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
Or hand deliver to
Rowan Martin Building
To arrive not later than 08 July 2020
(Clearly indicate on the envelope the position being applied for)
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
Related Jobs (9)
Consultant for Developing a PC for TB Training Manual on November 24, 2020 Consultancy
Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Manager on November 16, 2020 Contract
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time