REPSSI is the leading African Psychosocial Support organisation and REPSSI’s vision is that all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing. The organisation has strong partnerships with governments (particularly the ministries responsible for social services, education and health), development partners, international organisations and NGOs in thirteen countries of East and Southern Africa. REPSSI is registered in Zimbabwe as a Private Voluntary Organisation, PVO No 10/12. For fifteen years, REPSSI has provided technical capacity enhancement to its partners to strengthen communities’ and families’ ability to promote the psychosocial wellbeing of their children and youth.
The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Health Specialist within the COVID-19 response. The REPSSI COVID-19 intervention focuses on supporting government efforts and WHO guidelines on psychosocial support. The Health Specialist will be responsible for implementing and evaluating REPSSI Zimbabwe Health interventions in line with the REPSSI strategy and its COVID-19 Response.
- Inform and assist in the development, implementation and oversight of the COVID-19 project Social Behaviour Change Content;
- Identify and provide tools and IEC material to assist in dissemination of information on COVID-19;
- Plan and implement evidence based behaviour change communication campaigns, trainings for the community volunteers on positive hygiene practices, mentoring and mainstreaming;
- Coordinate and provide technical support (capacity strengthening) to country office and partners on social behaviour change efforts for improved psychosocial and mental wellbeing;
- Designing, managing and promoting health improvement interventions;
- Support community engagement and education within the COVID-19 intervention;
- Design SBC M&E framework (for reach, coverage and impact), monitor and evaluate the results of Social Behaviour Change interventions;
- Represent or ensure appropriate representation of REPSSI in all project related fora;
- Develop and maintain close relationships with all relevant government departments, especially the department of Environmental Health, UN agencies and NGO counterparts on project related matters;
- Proactively support REPSSI’s publicity and communications aims
- Diploma in Nursing or Health Sciences with experience of working in Health Education, Behavioural Sciences and Health Communication;
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years of working experience with similar or related projects;
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with health interventions in the development context;
- Substantial knowledge, experience and understanding of development issues relevant to vulnerable children, child rights, care and protection in line with the global, regional and national regulatory frameworks and instruments/policies;
- Strong people skills with the ability to support and motivate a culturally diverse group to adopt SBC;
- Good judgement and ability to use initiative and make decisions in complex, challenging and sensitive situations.
The Human Resources Manager,
19 Mull Road,
Or email Cover letter and CV as one document with position applied for clearly written in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Appointment to this position is contingent upon successful funding from donors
Deadline: 1 May 2020