Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it. SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Purpose of the position
The candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive Human Resources and Administration service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administering function of recruitment and selection of co-workers for the Association;
- Administering employee Relations/Labour Relations for the Association;
- Administering compensation and Benefits for the Association;
- Maintaining co-worker personnel files and Records Management;
- Organization structuring where necessary;
- Ensuring a hygienic and clean environment at the National office;
- Compiling leave and staff updates reports;
- Compiling Human Resources monthly, quarterly and annual data reports;
- Administering performance management system;
- Attending to employee relations;
- Overseeing office services at National Office;
- Administering and managing payroll;
- Conducting trainings for staff;
- Supervising the office cleaner on her day to day tasks as outlined in her job descriptions.
- Processing of salaries and payment of statutory obligations for the MA.
Qualifications and Experience
The HR Officer must have:
- Social Science or Human Resources Degree;
- Institute of Personnel Management (IPMZ) will definitely be an added advantage;
- 3 years or more working experience in a similar position.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in the same position
- Knowledge of Belina payroll administration will be a definite advantage.
Please send a cover letter and CV, with three traceable referees who are previous supervisors, to the email address indicated below. The heading of your email should be written “Human Resources Officer.”
E-mail: Applications and detailed CVs including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 6 July 2020