Reports to: Operations/Safety & Security Manager
About CNFA and Amalima Loko
CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a new USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations which applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeleland North.
The Human Resources & Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing support in various human resources and administrative functions. S/he must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively with the entire team.
- Keep personnel records and update personnel data system;
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
- Be actively involved in recruitment processes;
- Posting position advertisements in local papers and social media platforms;
- Assist in performance management processes;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues;
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance;
- Responsible for payroll processing;
- Following on updates from ZIMRA, NSSA and NEC;
- Assist with analysing timesheets register every month to ensure that all timesheets are filed accurately each month.
- Assist with organising general staff meetings and workshops;
- Update employee records, ie employment contract, job descriptions and policy documents before starting work;
- Preparation of independent contract hire forms;
- Ensuring that all new employees are properly oriented;
- Co-ordinate and process pre- employment medical aid registration and update medical aid account;
- Ensuring that the hire request forms are signed and approved before the contractor starts work;
- Preparation of independent contractor contracts and dispatching them after review by Operations/Safety & Security Manager;
- Request for payments for independent contractors;
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development);
- Understanding labour laws and disciplinary procedures;
- Maintain leave schedule;
- Record exit interviews;
- Maintain audit ready files.
Safety Health and Environment Requirements
- Observing all regulations concerning Safety, Health and Environment and take reasonable care of the Safety & Health of self and others who may be affected by one’s actions or omissions;
- Co-operating actively with Managers, Supervisors and all staff in implementing all relevant Health and Safety programs;
- Reporting all near misses, incidents, potential hazards, dangerous practices and occurrences to Supervisors without delay;
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the maintenance of current standards of Safety and Housekeeping;
- Compliance with CNFA requirements on Safety, Health and Environment;
- Compliance to established CNFA working procedures and instructions in the interest of Safety, Health and Environment.
- Degree in Human Resources management, Administration or equivalent;
- IPMZ diploma;
- At least 5 years NGO and USAID experience in Human Resources;
- Further training in Human Resources will be a plus;
- Class 4 driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- MS Office and other business applications;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Sound knowledge of Labour Laws;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality matters;
- Problem solving and decision-making aptitude;
- Ability to manage complex working relationships;
- Reliable & strong ethics;
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Basic proficiency in spoken IsiNdebele required.
- Proficiency in other languages spoken in Matabeleland North a plus.
Qualified candidates, especially women are encouraged to send their applications. To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Amalima.firstname.lastname@example.org with “Human Resources & Administrative Officer” in the subject line.
Deadline: 10 November 2020 (12 pm)