Under the Global Fund Grants in Zimbabwe, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), serves as the Principal Recipient (PR) of the 3-year Global Fund HIV Grant (2018- 2020) and provides Fund Administrator support services to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC), the PR for TB and Malaria grants. As part of its PR role, UNDP implements capacity development (CD) activities to strengthen the systems for health and national institutions. Such capacity development responses are designed based on the needs and priorities of national implementing partners, national stakeholders and aligned to national strategies.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is a Sub-Sub Recipient (SSR) under the National AIDS Council and with NAC being the Sub-Recipients (SR) for the Global Fund supported HIV Grant specifically managing HIV/AIDS programmes for selected groups of Key Populations (KPs). The Association of LGBTI people in Zimbabwe – GALZ, is a sub sub-sub recipient (SSSR) in this implementation arrangement in the global fund HIV grant and has its accountabilities to UNFPA. GALZ is an organization that strives for the attainment of full and equal human, economic and social rights for Key Populations. The organization has been in existence for nearly 30 years and serves the interests of a diverse Key populations sector and pushes for tolerance of sexual minorities in the country. GALZ is one of the first organisations to advocate for HIV awareness campaigns in the country and specifically engages with people who engage in same sex activities and thus contributes to attainment of the broader 90-90-90 strategy to ensure that no one is left behind in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
In this grant the organization is involved with the running of drop in centres for MSM in the three cities of Harare, Mutare and Masvingo. The drop in centres are designed to offer a one stop shop for HIV services for MSM to include prevention, treatment, psychosocial support as well as distribution of condoms and lubricants. As part of strengthening its administrative functions in view of an increased work portfolio, GALZ is hiring a Human Resources and Administration Officer who will work directly with various KPs programmes under the ambit of the organization.
About the Position
Manage and carry out the GALZ activities pertaining to administration and human resources management; and ensure a high level of professionalism in those areas
Position summary: Human Resources
- Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with GALZ rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines;
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements;
- Assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Assist in screening of candidates and make end-to end-logistical arrangements for setting up interviews;
- Prepare all supporting documentation related to recruitment in coordination with the GALZ Management;
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management and record management;
- Prepare written response to queries concerning HR related matters;
- Provide Administrative Support to Staff Performance Management and Learning And Development;
- Support compliance with the performance appraisal review in the office and staff learning and development;
- Support in the preparation of Office learning plan in consultation with GALZ Management;
- Facilitate Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing;
- Organize training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with GALZ Management to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
Position Summary: Administration
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies orders replacement supplies as needed;
- To coordinate the procurement of program supplies;
- Maintain an assets register for the organizations’ assets;
- Create, maintain and update records and databases;
- Updating organizational policies and procedures;
- Coordinate building and maintenance issues for a general repair;
- Negotiate office leases rentals for the district and provincial offices;
- Fleet management;
- Preparing scheduled service intervals for motor vehicles;
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurance provider;
- To supervise junior staff and any other duties as may be delegated from time to time
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration;
- Membership of IPMZ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management system;
- Previous experience working with Key Populations is an advantage;
- NGO experience is an added advantage;
- Fluency in English and a local language is a prerequisite
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example;
- Strong knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Strong knowledge and application skills of IT tools and understanding of management systems;
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications, send your Cover Letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GALZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 20 March 2020