Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Supervisor: Human Resources Officer
The position supports all FHI360 projects and provides critical administrative, technical or program support to Human Resources (HR) Team in functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administrative, compensation, HRIS, and training, one domestic location and internationally. Responsible for the execution of HR administrative processes and support for the Human Resources team. Interacts extensively with multi-site employees and managers and the broader Human Resources organization. Answers questions for customers/clients using knowledge of principles and practices of human resources and company procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support recruitment and selection by shortlisting, conducting interviews, creating of interview files and conducting reference checks
- Supporting initial new hire orientation and ensuring all relevant documents are included on orientation package
- Assisting with tracking performance and probation goals and reviewing them; TESS Administration, i.e. entering new employees into TESS, monitoring TESS time sheets completion by staff, ensuring time sheets are signed and approved after the end of each timesheet period
- Assisting in the creation of requisitions in Workday and entering new staff into the system
- Timely verification of documents for personnel files, timely filing of the documents, benefits, and immigration record keeping; Supporting in compiling various HR Reports
- Supports the leave management process by receiving forms, updating the leave tracker, manual and online leave reconciliation etc
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents
- Provides administrative support to HR team including ordering office supplies and stationary
- Serves as initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Work independently with minimum supervision showing initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Ability to priorities work and report to supervisor on variances and provide status on regular basis. Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner. Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 2 -3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an added advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
Deadline: 6 March 2020