VMAM Code ZWER000132-8378
Host Entity: UNDP
Duty Station: Harare (ZWE)
Language Skills: English, Shona
Start Date: 15 December 2020
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 07 December 2020
- Minimum age: 22 years old.
- Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Human Resources Analyst or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV [Human Resources Assistant] will:
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Assist in ensuring the full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- Support the maintenance of an organized physical and electronic filing system of all HR records
- Preparation of correspondence as requested
- Ensure the updating of staff lists
- Provision of HR services
- Support in the implementation of recruitment processes including screening of candidates and report writing for interviews.
- Support in payroll processing as required.
- Provision of support in inputting and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Support in the preparation of submissions to the Corporate Review Panel (CRP) and Corporate Review Board (CRB)
- Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
- Support the compilation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Provision of support in collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provision of support in organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
- Technical/Vocational diploma
Education – Additional Comments:
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Human Resources Management or area related to business administration
- 60 Months
- At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or Public Administration, or other relevant programmes; experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset;
- Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge
- 5 of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Shona(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
- Human resources management and development, Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
- Sound experience in maintaining organized filing systems;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 07 December 2020