Location: Harare – Country Office
Duration: One year
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
The primary objective of these internships is to give recent graduates experience and exposure in the practical aspects of their respective areas of study.
- Raise requisitions for the HR department;
- Assist with any on-going recruitments, interviews preparations, new staff onboarding etc;
- Tracking Enumerators and following up on allowances payments for the same;
- Follow up with Program Areas for Resignations, End of contract- process exits, closing PAFs and Cash in lieu of Leave;
- Conduct Reference checks for newly recruited staff and file documents accordingly;
- Assist in preparation of Induction Plans and support with staff training;
- Ensures that Employee Files are complete with all documents required ie hiring package, personal certificates ,PAFs, Inductions etc;
- Liaison for communication between Plan Zimbabwe Interns and HR, helps to plan logistics and content for skype meetings and in person workshops for ‘’ ‘’Interns Group’’;
- Responsible for minute taking during HR Meetings;
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Gender equality mainstreaming,
- Child Safeguarding Policy,
- Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience
- Recent graduate with a Higher National Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent;
- A minimum of one year’s experience in HR Administration work;
- Knowledge of HR practices; Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to: email@example.com
Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearances on child related offences in conformity with our Safeguarding Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 12 August 2020