- Harare, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The primary objective of the Internship is to expose the Intern to the practical aspects of all Human Resources practices and procedures at CARE Zimbabwe to enable him/her to relate human resources theory to practice. The Intern will be responsible for updating human resources records, supporting recruitments and on boarding of staff.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and updating employee records.
- Filing all Human Resources communication and records for easy and quick retrieval of information.
- Preparing orientation documents for new employees and assisting in the organizing of Induction programs.
- Processing exit clearance documentation for staff leaving the organization
- Assisting in recruitment, selection and conducting background/reference checks on potential candidates.
- Facilitating the submission of registration forms for new staff to NSSA.
- Providing Human Resources support as required
- Degree in Human Resources/Psychology /Sociology or any other relevant.
- Membership to a professional Human Resources body e.g. IPMZ.
- Recent graduate who is willing to learn.
- At least one year attachment experience in Human Resources
- Ability to handle confidential information
Deadline: 15 September 2020