Zvitambo is a multidisciplinary public health research institute with the mission of improving maternal and child health in Zimbabwe, and to apply its findings to improve health globally. Zvitambo conducts research and provides technical support and education to reduce the burden of malnutrition and infectious diseases, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care. Zvitambo is registered as a non-profit company with the Ministry of Justice, and operates from a head office in Harare, and a field site in Shurugwi. Zvitambo is looking for an energized and committed Human Resources Manager who will support the research teams across our sites and projects.
- The postholder will be responsible for all human resources functions within the organization, including staffing, compensation, performance management, and employee relations.
- The postholder will also be responsible for advising the Director on employment law, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
- To that effect, the Human Resources manager will formulate and drive the human resources strategy so as to create a positive working environment and ensure that staff are appropriately recruited and supported to achieve the overall research objectives of Zvitambo.
- They will coordinate staffing, manage employee relations, and implement a performance management system.
- In addition, they will coordinate all aspects of staff recruitment.
- Where necessary, they will refine or create new policies.
- The postholder will ensure that there is a suitable benefit package that addresses the needs of the staff and is comparable to packages offered by similar organizations.
- They will be responsible for the payroll and HR information systems.
- They will lead Zvitambo’s communications and public relations strategy, with particular attention to the organization’s website.
The Human Resources Manager must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in the social sciences;
- A professional diploma in Labour Relations Management;
- Be a member of the Institute for Personnel Management in Zimbabwe;
- At least 6 years relevant work experience in reputable organisations;
- Proven experience in handling human resource matters such as recruitment and selection, contracts, performance management, benefits, disciplinary issues, and health and safety institutional safeguarding policies;
- Sound knowledge of local labour laws and experience with addressing grievances;
- Experience with payroll administration and statutory payments in Zimbabwe;
- Prior team management experience; be able to work to stick deadlines;
- Be fluent in Shona and English,
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English and Shona,
- Be computer literate with practical experience with word processing and spreadsheet programmes (e.g. Word and Excel).
- It is preferable if the candidate has experience working in a research organization and understands the research and NGO ecosystems in Zimbabwe and has website management experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Human Resources Manager.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 February 2020