Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to control the human capital resources of the biggest Arts Institution in Zimbabwe, reporting to the Finance Manager.
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for all areas relating to human resources issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures;
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process;
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans;
- Develop training and development programs;
- Assist in performance management processes;
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues;
- Maintain employee records (attendance, employees data etc) according to policy and legal requirements;
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance;
- Any other duties as may be directed by the superior
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management;
- HND in Human Resources Management;
- Full Professional qualification such as IPMZ.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- 5 years minimum prior experience in human resources management.
- Experience working in a government setting will be an added advantage;
- Experience with human resources payroll systems such as Softrite, Pastel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power-point and Word;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Self- motivation;
- Initiative and ability to work as a team.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, IT and numerical abilities.
Interested candidates must submit their applications enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, clearly marked:
The Executive Director,
“Human Resources Officer”,
National Gallery of Zimbabwe,
20 Julius Nyerere Way,
Deadline: 15 March 2020