Title: Human Resources Officer
In close liaison with Senior HR Officer, the position provides operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI 360 Zimbabwe in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS administration and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews staff requisitions for correctness and completeness.
- Support the recruitment process for employees, and consultants with tasks such as, creation of entries into FHI360 HRIS system and subsequent scheduling of interviews, creation of interview files and conducting reference checks.
- Collects relevant prehire paperwork from prospective candidates.
- Liaises with relevant departments on provision of office space for new hires
- Orients new hires on code of conduct and FHI360 policies
- Conduct new hire orientation and ensure all relevant documents are included on orientation package
- HRIS administration including entering new employees into the system and subsequent changes until separation.
- Maintain an accurate personnel filing system for all staff, ensuring that each individual file conforms to audit expectations.
- Ensures personnel file security.
- Ensures all staff have both manual and e-files.
- Maintains an accurate record of employee leave ensuring compliance with statutory and FHI360 leave policies.
- Assists in the preparation of personnel action records (PARS) for finance action.
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents such as signing of
- Person Action Records (PAR) for new employee’s and subsequent changes
- Ensures PARS are filed in respective files.
- Ensures staff Workday information is correct and up to date.
- Updates job descriptions as recommended and uploads on shared drive
- Prepares contracts for new hires for review.
- Checks to ensure all contracts distributed are correctly signed, returned and properly filed.
- Advises staff on their leave entitlements.
- Keeps track of extended leave or non-accrued leave and advises when exhausted.
- Prepares draft full time payroll for SHRO’s review.
- Prepares NSSA remittances monthly.
- Reviews NEC schedule for submission to NEC.
- Provides NSSA reports for receipting purposes.
- Reviews temp and part time staff invoices and payment requests.
- Reviews procurement requests raised by HRA.
- Sends time sheet reminders at the end of each time sheet period
- Ensure all staff changes are done in TESS e.g supervisor changes or terminations.
- Guides supervisors and general staff on IR issues, disciplinary hearings and grievance handling.
- Interprets Human Resources policies and procedures and provides guidance staff members on their application.
- Ensures all staff are registered at NSSA.
- Ensures all accidents or incidences are duly reported to NSSA on time.
- Conducts staff induction and ensures completeness of the orientation package.
- Trains new staff on FHI Policies and procedures.
- Trains new and existing staff on how to access and use FHI systems.
- Facilitates and follows up on timely submissions of performance appraisals.
- Communicates with all staff on HR related issues.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Work independently with minimum supervision showing initiative to manage high volume workflow
- Ability to priorities work and report to supervisor on variances and provide status on regular basis.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgement to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 2 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Belina Payroll experience is a must
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS and experience handling disciplinary processes are added advantages.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.