Host Entity : UNOCHA
Country : Zimbabwe
Duty Station : Harare (ZWE)
Language Skills : English
Start Date : Immediate
Duration : until 31 December 2020
Application Deadline : 11 May 2020
- Minimum age: 22 years old.
- Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the OCHA Team Leader in Zimbabwe, Support the inter-agency humanitarian coordination architecture by:
- Preparing meetings including through strategic agenda items and minutes to ensure effective follow up;
- Regular collection of information through systematic engagement with humanitarian partners;
- Supporting the regular review of the humanitarian response plan through drafting regular humanitarian dashboards;
- Supporting assessments and advocacy for resource
- Communication with government and non-government entities
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Advanced university degree in in a relevant field of expertise (e.g. Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or other related fields)
- Command of office information technology and software suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
Required experience: 60 Months
- A minimum of 5 years of paid working experience in a relevant field
- Past experience with the United Nations and/or UN Coordination-related activities, is an advantage
- Experience working/volunteering in humanitarian response
- Good understanding of the Zimbabwe country context
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme management
Driving license: No
- Adaptability and Flexibility,
- Commitment to Continuous Learning,
- Empowering Others,
- Ethics and Values,
- Knowledge Sharing,
- Planning and Organizing,
- Respect for Diversity,
- Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 11 May 2020
Related Jobs (35)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy