ZAKIS PROJECT: (Zimbabwe Agriculture Knowledge Innovation Systems)
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response. Together with ICRISAT, CTDO, and SAT, Welthungerhilfe is implementing a project entitled “Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Systems” which is funded by the European Union under the Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme”. Part of this project involves institutional capacity building of government departments and putting in place governance structures that will ensure the sustainability of initiatives set up. The supervisory bodies are the National Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Service (NAKIS) committee, Agricultural Centres of Excellence (ACE) and District Agricultural Centres of Excellence (DACE) Committees, Communications, and Learning Unit.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage an Institutional Capacity Building Officer/Expert who will provide expert-level technical assistance to increase the leadership, management, and adaptive capacity of local organizations.
The Officer/Expert will be expected to:
- Lead in set up, strengthening and coordination of governance structures; Coordinate the setting up of the ACE and DACE governance and oversight structures;
- Lead implementation and capacity building (plan, design, roll out and review) of the ACE and DACE oversight committees;
- Develop operational guidelines to support the running of oversight committees and provide tailored training and technical assistance for local organizations;
- Facilitate institutional and organizational assessments, and track the progress of organizations over time;
- Develop a strategy to identify, assess, and strengthen relevant organizations engaged by the ZAKIS project.
- Establish strong relationships with partners and stakeholders and strengthen inter and intra-actor relationships;
- Lead documentation and completion of journal articles on the various innovative facilitation processes in ZAKIS;
- Facilitate networking opportunities and local stakeholder experience sharing events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field (Local Governance, Social Sciences, Business Studies and Agriculture);
- A Masters Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Experience in forging private-public partnerships at the different levels working with diverse stakeholders;
- Extensive experience in the development sector specifically in capacity building of government departments and rural governance structures;
- Experience in identifying and documenting capacity building needs; Experience in the development of relevant tools for institutional capacity building;
- Awareness of challenges and solutions with regards to working with the public sector;
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
Please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 June 2020
Related Jobs (23)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time