Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification: Internship, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Number: CFA2020/006
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the successful candidate will assist implementation of project activities of the Emergency, Preparedness and Response Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Contribute with programmatic activities related to the implementation of COVID19 Response under the Human Rights Monitoring Project;
- Contribute with implementation of programmatic activities related to the Shelter/CCCM Project;
- Provide administrative programme support to key activities of Programme Unit;
- Assist in the liaising with IOM’s partners from the government agencies, UN and CSOs;
- Provide support on the development of Programme Unit’s portfolio communications and visibility materials;
- Support organization of meeting and development of draft minutes;
- Support projects’ staff in preparation of draft letters, internal communication and administrative related document;
- Assist in preparation of presentation material;
- Assist on preparation of programme’ s procurement plans and their implementation monitoring;
- Support projects’ staff in in managing project related files;
- Perform in any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Education, experience and competencies
- University degree in finance, social science, Business Administration,or related fields;
- Experience in coordinating finance and admin activities;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS word, excel) advance spreadsheet and database packages;
- Good writing/communication, presentation, and networking skills essential;
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential and in- depth knowledge of local culture and languages, essential;
- Experience in project implementation is a plus;
- Provide solutions to problems or areas where improvement is needed with regards to assistance provided to the project
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
No late applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 16 June 2020
Related Jobs (8)
Project Management Assistant (Economic Growth Office FSN-9) on November 14, 2020 Contract