(Retail / Wholesale, Mutare , Zimbabwe)
A well established organisation in the Retail sector is in search of an experienced and qualified Internal Auditor who is willing to relocate to work in Mutare.
The Internal Auditor`s role is to:
- Analyse the financial processes of the Company, identifying risk within business practices and evaluating the controls put in place to counter these and make the necessary recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Examine financial records, internal controls and information systems. Assist in annual risk assessment and audit plan development.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls.
- Continuous research and professional training to keep current on legislative issues, new audit regulations, trends and audit methodology.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information.
- Any duties and responsibilities deemed necessary by management, for the benefit of the Company.
- Liaise with external auditors as assigned by management.
- Any other duties assigned by the superior.
- Bachelor of Accounting/Finance Degree, Masters in Finance and /Business Administration, Professional designation: Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant.
Urgently apply if you are interested and indicate your salary expectations and your notice period, attach your CV in word format to: email@example.com
Related Jobs (17)
Finance Associate – East and Southern Africa Program on October 27, 2020 Full Time
Finance Co-ordinator – Budgeting and Reporting – (2000067E) on October 22, 2020 Contract