Working location: National Office – Harare
Supervisor: Technically Board Treasurer and National Director administratively.
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances, in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. We seek energetic and organized individual to take up the vacant position who will promote good corporate governance and risk management.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor will be expected to:
- Develop and execute the Audit plan, and take a leading role in the day-to-day execution of internal audits;
- Identify risks associated with National Associations business objectives and evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes;
- Provide value-added advice and support to the National Association on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes and services to ensure that an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained;
- Engage in entry meetings with clients to explain the scope and objectives of the audit and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process;
- Seek to have a thorough understanding of business processes within the scope of the assigned audits and document the processes;
- Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the National Association processes and develop a risk register;
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional standards and methodology.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and internal control objectives;
- Identify and document weaknesses of the internal control processes and provide evidential support for findings;
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies;
- Engage in exit meetings with clients at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues;
- Prepare a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the facilities and Senior Management;
- Contribute to the safeguarding of Association assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively;
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the Association;
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud;
- Provide consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes;
- Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate materials for the quarterly Audit Committee meetings;
- Conduct audit tests to assist external auditors with the annual financial reporting.
Qualifications & Competencies
The Internal Auditor must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Audit;
- 5 years’ experience in Risk Management and Auditing at a managerial level; Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Full Professional qualification CIMA, CIA and ACCA;
- Sound judgment, integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour;
- Ability to lead through influence and effectively manage complex issues and relationships;
- Have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to present audit findings when required to do so;
- Be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, co-sourced staff and external contacts;
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines; should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Should be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, self-directed and assertive;
- A clean class 4 driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 1 March 2020