Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
CFA Reference Number: CFA2020/005
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the successful candidate will assist implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) project activities, under the Emergency, Preparedness and Response Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner to be further processed;
- Support the effective DTM projects implementation; ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines;
- Assist DTM unit in the production and quality control of documents;
- Support in the supervision of data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing, and support to the analysis of the collected data and information locally;
- Identify gaps on data and information relevant to the programme implementation and contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs;
- Assist on the development and facilitation of training modules for the stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management mechanism to ensure smooth roll out;
- If necessary, provide updates on human mobility trends, changes and any other significant observations surrounding human mobility in Zimbabwe;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the DTM team;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, experience and competencies
- University degree in Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- Knowledge of Information Management, management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products;
- Knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
- Ability to analyze statistical information;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets is an asset;
- Demonstrated team-building and information management skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
No late applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 12 June 2020