Astro Mobile is one of the leading providers of mobile and software solutions in Africa. The company provides affordable yet high quality smartphones that are designed for the needs of people in African Countries. Astro operates branches in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and South Africa and is currently on an expansion drive into other key strategic markets. Our vision is to help Africa harness the power of mobile technology, to grow economies and develop society’s. In order to support our growth initiatives, the company is recruiting the following positions, IT MANAGER
IT Manager key responsibility is to oversee all IT and Software development department and its functions within the organization which includes the company’s technology operations, the implementation of new IT systems and policies. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Proven experience as IT Manager or similar role
- Should be a Software Developer and have full understanding of coding
- Knowledge of Device Specialization is an added advantage
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
Interested candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com highlighting the position being applied for in the subject letter.