WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- The Job holder reports to the Information Technology Officer, or the designate.
- At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.
- Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
- To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
- To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent
delivery of IT services to staff.
- Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of
- Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to
senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
- Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported
software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and
archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
- With direction from senior colleagues, collate information to be included in standard material
such as training documentation and web content, to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in
enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
Governance, Strategy and Architecture
- Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems
Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization
- Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Understands technical aspects of own job and applies them in a thorough and systematic manner to analyze customer’s technical issues and offer value adding advice and/or solutions.
- Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates working understanding of existing hardware, software, servers and network management to resolve users’ routine problems using WFP’s established processes and tools.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Systems is a distince advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Shona/ Ndebele.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 4 years professional experience resolving level 1 IT technical issues.
- Must have strong technical skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
Have strong client orientation skills,
- Ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgement,
- Ability to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
- Must have Training and/or experience in Windows operating systems, CCNA and strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, project management and other standard WFP software packages and systems
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via E- Recruitment attaching a signed application letter and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc.
Applicants are also requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
Closing Date:20 April 2020
Qualified Female applicants from Zimbabwe are especially encouraged to apply