Job ID: P1533V4428
Period of use: 01.09.2020 – 30.06.2023
Area of Expertise: Governance
Type of enployment: Full or part time
Application time: 07/22/2020
Field of activity
The government under President Mnangagwa, who took office after Mugabe was deposed in 2017, communicates a clear will to reform and adopted the Transitional Stabilization Program in 2018. The Good Financial Governance program is designed to support Zimbabwe particularly in its public finance reform efforts. Technical advice and needs-based qualification measures are intended to strengthen the capacities of the Ministry of Finance and other selected partner institutions in the areas of tax policy, drawing up the national budget and financial control.
- Support in the technical advice of the Ministry of Finance and other national institutions
- Organization of training courses on priority topics of the Ministry of Finance and other national institutions
- Support in advising change and dialogue processes
- Management of international and national short-term consultants
- Writing contributions and creating presentations and concepts
- Supporting the project management in coordinating with donors in the area as well as in planning and reporting
- Development and maintenance of the monitoring and evaluation system as well as supervision of the impact measurement
- Completed university degree in economics or a comparable degree
- Initial work experience in public finance is an advantage
- Practical consulting experience in a partner country of development cooperation abroad; GIZ project experience is an advantage
- Diplomatic skills in dealing with partners at national level
- First experiences in the conception and support of change processes
- Ability to think conceptually and to formulate concepts as well as specialist and political papers
- Social and intercultural competence, frustration tolerance and interest in working in a politically demanding environment
- Proficient in German and English
The workplace is suitable for full-time or part-time staffing.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming the successfully created application, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as e-mails from our eRecruiting system are classified as spam by some providers.
GIZ wants to increase the proportion of people with disabilities in the company. We are therefore looking forward to the corresponding applications.
Here you can get an overview of our service packages.
We enable perspectives. For people and with people. Our mission is international and our working atmosphere is multicultural. We are committed service providers and passionate professionals. Even where it is difficult. Your professional and personal development is our concern. Whether it is the daily challenges in one of our 130 partner countries or the diverse scope for your work – there are many reasons to strengthen our motivated team.