Business Unit: Global Markets and Treasury
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Global Markets and Treasury
Vacancy Manager: Head of Trading-Global Markets and Treasury
Purpose of the job
Buy and Sell foreign currencies to meet client demand and for the proprietary position to maximize income and exceed income and volume budgets.
Main Focus Areas
- Manage exchange rate risk in all foreign exchange trades and exposures within prescribed limits.
- Prepare daily and periodic exchange rates for distribution to internal and external clients.
- Manage FX cashflow positions daily and ensure the Bank meets its obligations as they fall due.
- Hedge exchange rate risk within different time buckets and across currencies.
- Prepare daily foreign exchange reports.
- Manage the currency-wise balance sheets.
- Manage interbank counterparty relationships.
- Manage Central Bank FX market desk relationships.
- Provide daily foreign exchange reports.
- Assist in the financial budgeting process.
- Provide daily and monthly performance reports.
- Prepare any other reports as requested by Head of Global Markets & Treasury.
- Process deals on time and deliver them to Back Office via the Middle Office.
- Ensure that all outstanding reconciliation issues relating to foreign exchange operations are cleared timeously.
- Ensure that FX market transactions are processed correctly in the system.
- Maintain positive interaction with other departments who service clients.
- Keep all settlement accounts cleared.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Degree in Finance/Mathematics/Banking/Economics/ Actuarial Science/Engineering/Computer Science.
- Be prepared to do the ACI Dealing Certificate within 6 months of joining the Department.
- IOBZ Diploma an added advantage.
- Previous experience in a treasury environment is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Good problem-solving skills, expressing the ability to question, listen and understand the customer and business environment.
Job related knowledge
- In depth knowledge of the Treasury and Banks products a must.
- Extensive knowledge of the Money Market and FX market.
- Understanding of treasury operational processes
and controls is essential.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Junior Dealer“ or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 30 November 2020 @ 1630hrs.