Zvitambo is a multidisciplinary public health research institute with the mission of improving maternal and child health in Zimbabwe, and to apply its findings to improve health globally. Zvitambo conducts research and provides technical support and education to reduce the burden of malnutrition and infectious diseases. Zvitambo has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual harassment. Zvitambo is looking for an energized and committed team to help lead and support a trial in rural communities in Shurugwi District, called the Child Health, Agriculture and Integrated Nutrition (CHAIN). This randomized control trial is looking to close the nutrient gap in rural Zimbabwe. CHAIN is looking to improve the daily energy requirements of children by one year of age. All posts will be based in Shurugwi District
- The Junior Logistics Assistant ensures that all study supplies are ordered and received in a timely fashion for the smooth running of the study, including the food supplements that are part of the trial. This includes having supplies in stock at the office in Shurugwi as well as ensuring that it gets out into the field.
- (S)he will work closely with the Logistics Assistant in Shurugwi as well as the Logistics Manager in Harare.
- (S)he will manage the stock and sort out payments and assist with driving when a need arises.
The candidate must:
- Have a diploma/certificate in Purchasing and Supply, Business Studies, Warehouse Management, Stores Management, or any related qualification;
- A minimum of 5 ‘O’ Levels;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Logistics/Admin;
- Be computer literate with practical experience using word processing programmes and spreadsheets;
- Have a clean class 4 Driver’s licence with 3 years continuous driving experience, and traceable references.
It is preferable if the candidate is a member of CILT, CIPS, or ZIPS, has previous experience working in a research environment, and previous familiarity with Shurugwi district and its rural communities.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for CHAIN Junior Logistics Assistant.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 November 2020 or after the first 150 applications have been received