- Prepare the annual leasing strategy and action items for approval by the Head of Banking to ensure incorporation into banking strategy and ultimately the corporate strategy.
- Setting performance targets for individual departmental staff to meet the approved targets and ensure understanding by all staff members.
- Monitor the achievement of all set targets by team members to ensure actual targets meet planned targets.
- Preparing the leasing capital, revenue and expenditure budgets in line with the divisional operational strategy.
- Control leasing department expenditure to optimize profitability.
- Develop cost containment strategies for the department to avoid overspending that will negatively impact on the company finances.
- Research and detail leasing customers (individuals, micro business, small and medium enterprises, groups and targeted sectors) so as to define their needs and provide requisite leasing products or services
- Process efficiently the applications of clients so as to satisfy customer needs
- Manage the relationship with the client and identify new business opportunities within these clients
- Ensure all conditions are adhered to by the client and the bank
- Effective customer relationship management through allocating portfolios to leasing officers to build customer loyalty.
- Managing customer relationships through periodic contact and ensure business continuity
- Identifying opportunists for repeat business and cross selling to ensure business continuity
- Monitoring of reports to see that lease repayments are up to date
- Client Visits as appropriate to ensure all requirements are addressed.
- Managing and monitoring portfolio daily to avoid losses as per the agreed guidelines, rules and regulations in relation to arrears, queries, business opportunities, site visits, etc.
- Degree in Business / Banking / finance / economics / accounting or equivalent
- Certificate in microfinance
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience
- Planning and organizing
- Technical / professional expertise
- Teamwork and cooperation
Suitably qualified and interested candidates to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with LEASING MANAGER as the subject of the email. Deadline for applications is Wednesday 19 February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.