Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Acts as the Chief Legal Officer for the company, setting policy, guidelines and overseeing compliance with all competition, anti -bribery and corruption laws within the company.
- Provides legal services by handling and advising on commercial contracts which include agency, cane supply, construction, financing agreements and leases, and advising on legislative changes.
- Performs the Company Secretarial function for the Group.
- Provides timely, accurate and quality legal advice and other legal services to all subsidiaries and operations for the organization.
- Proactively identifies and manages business legal risks.
- Ensures the advocacy team has access to legal resources required during interface with media, regulators and Government.
- Responds to queries from internal and external auditors.
- Prepares budgets and controls expenditure in own area of operation.
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree. A Master of Laws Degree (LLM) and other commercial post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- An admitted Attorney and Notary Public with over 10 years as a commercial lawyer with some litigation experience.
- A broad business and financial acumen coupled with a good working knowledge of competition, anti-bribery and corruption compliance requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance issues.
- Good communication, negotiation, dispute management and report writing skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.