Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients
- Attend trials and type minutes
- Write case briefs and synopses of depositions, contracts and testimony
- Conduct thorough statistical/ documentary research
- Source and verify important case intelligence
- Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Diploma in Secretarial, a Degree is an added advantage
- 5 years proven experience as Legal Secretary or working in a Legal setup/Fraternity
- Knowledge of constitution, legal terminology, regulations and court system is an added advantage
- Proficiency in English
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Legal Secretary certification or diploma.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (5)
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract