Working location: Waterfalls
Supervisor: Financial Controller
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances; in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent The Association is looking for an energetic and organized individual to take up the vacant position who will promote good corporate governance.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Location Accountant will be expected to:
- Supervise the payment of goods and services within the prescribed time in liaison with the location bookkeeper, national bookkeeper and procurement officer;
- Periodically and randomly, check on assets petty cash, stocks and compliance of systems of internal controls of all facilities;
- Review and supervise school and KG fees income and reconciliations, supervise and carry out an end of year cut off procedures to ensure audit preparedness;
- Prepare monthly Cash flow projections;
- Keep management and colleagues well informed of each budget line expenditure and any arising variances for appropriate action to be taken;
- Review posting codes and reconcile management account;
- Account for all assets at the Project site and ensure that they are adequate controls on management of the assets;
- Ensure that all assets have assets codes and location register is maintained for all location assets;
- Maintain a pre-numbered documents control sheets.
Qualifications and competencies
The Location Accountant must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and full professional qualification: CIMA, ACCA, CIS;
- At least 4 years’ experience in a senior accounting role;
- Good communication skills at all levels;
- Good management skills, attention to detail;
- Conversant with Navision and Pastel accounting systems;
- Strong analytical skills and a good team player.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 1 March 2020