Working location: Bulawayo
Supervisor: Location Accountant
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances; in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. The Association is looking for an energetic and organized individual to support in financial management of the Bulawayo Location.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Location Bookkeeper:
- Provides summary reports of the business transactions to facilitate preparation of Financial Statements;
- Maintain complete files of financial documents;
- Ensures accurate and complete records of financial transactions;
- Provides support during audits by internal and external auditors;
- Facilitates submission of procurement documents to procurement office and distributes proof of payment;
- Processes payments and banking timeously;
- Update the inventory and assets registers;
- Ensures compliance with systems of internal control in all facilities in the location;
- Reviews and supervises all facility payments in the location.
Qualifications and competencies
The Location Bookkeeper must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- Progress towards a professional accounting qualification such as CIS, CIMA, and ACCA is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting field Good at figures;
- Pays attention to detail;
- Good team player;
- Strong analytical skills and a good team player.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 1 March 2020