Duration: 10 Months
Nutrition Action Zimbabwe a local based NGO in partnership with Action Contre-la Faim is seeking to recruit for the following vacancies to support implementation of an emergency program in Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Mutare Rural
Please note that this recruitment is in anticipation of expected funds
- The Logistician is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures and provides logistical support to the Nutrition / Food Security / Water and Sanitation programs.
- The Logistician is in charge of building the capacity of the local logistics support team at field level.
- The Logistics Officer reports to the Log Admin Manager.
- The Logistician is in charge of the set up / closing and/or regular running of Capital and base including management of logistics team (logistics, procurement, warehousing staff, drivers and guards) and security of the base as well as coordination with administration, HR, and program staff on the base level.
- The Logistician ensures that NAZ Log procedures and respective donor regulations applicable to projects implemented on the base are closely followed.
- The Logistician is typically in charge of managing the proper setup / rehabilitation / running of base premises (office / field houses),
- Ensures the proper functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage, supervises the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet, evaluates/reports the need and ensures the proper use of NAZ equipment, assesses and ensures the functioning of the means of communication appropriate for the NAZ base.
- Logistician is typically responsible for the security on the base including staff, premises, as well as security of NAZ materials and assets.
- The Logistician assesses, monitors and reports the security situation and develops security procedures relevant to the context.
- Logisticians must be aware of logistics-related actors, services, and opportunities in the location.
- He/she represents NAZ to the relevant authorities at the local level and participates in logistics and security meetings with humanitarian actors and local authorities.
- Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree logistics, supply chain management, transport or equivalent in technical studies;
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required;
- Some knowledge of financial and HR procedures expected;
- Good level of technical skills in mechanics / IT / Communications / construction or other desired;
- Good communication and representative skills;
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations;
- Ability to adapt within the working environment;
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- At least 2 years previous field experience in an NGO, ideally in a similar role;
- Minimum of one year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position;
- Previous experience in security management.
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the subject line can be sent out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27 March 2020 (COD)