Our client is looking for a Logistics and Dispatch Officer to join their team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Receiving and relaying job orders, messages and information to and from messengers, customers, and internal staff.
- Ensure that company policy and standards are adhered to all times by messengers.
- Scheduling and dispatching messengers and vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using whatsapp, telephones, or by word of mouth.
- Experience in administrative or any logical roles.
- Monitoring personnel and equipment locations and progress in order to co-ordinate jobs.
- Determining types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to job orders or specifications.
- Performing procurement activities for retail division jobs.
- Local and international shipping, tracking and follow ups.
- Performing customer service activities, and deal with stakeholder queries and issues.
- Assisting in any way necessary with the collections and management of debtors.
- Arranging any repairs necessary in order to ensure service is promptly restored.
- Marketing and promoting the companies products.
- Backing up whatsapp communications, customer details, documents.
- Performing research and obtaining market, supplier and any other data as required from time to time.
- Preparing and sending invoices to customers and attending to any account or payment queries and issues.
- Recording and maintaining files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses and other dispatch information.
- Preparing reports and entering logs and receipts. Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Email, Whatsapp, Google Maps, Vehicle tracking software in use.
- Social media savvy.
- Bachelors degree (preferably but not essential – in commerce, business, marketing).
- Clean drivers licence – with no prior penalties or driving convictions.
- It is expected that this role will involve overtime hours (which shall be paid for).
- A candidate must be aware of this and be able and willing to work the extra hours.
Urgently apply if you are interested and attach your CV in word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A generous salary package will be offered to the right candidate.