WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services.
There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
In ZWCO, the Logistics Associate – Transport & Contracting reports to the Head of Logistics or the designate and is under the functional supervision of the Country Director .
Prrovides specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations.
- Coordinate the pipeline and commodity movement from across the borders as well as within the country
- Follow up on the adequacy of the warehouse and transport for the L2 emergency.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- Provide substantive contributions to regional/country context analyses and to the management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, in support of operational supply chain challenges and operational optimization.
- Build and maintain productive partnerships mostly at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational alignment.
- Contracting of commercial transporters, other logistics services; conducts market assessments.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to planning and implementation of the supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective and integrated approach and in close cooperation with key supply chain stakeholders.
- Coordinate logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP cargoes.
- Coordinate and provide logistics support to on-going programmes in the country
- Perform analyses and detailed conceptual work putting together comprehensive reports identifying opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
- Evaluation of the performance of the contracted transporters at the end of every contract.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Education, business administration, engineering, computer science, statistics or economics (preferably transport economics), or equivalent professional experience or extensive relevant logistics experience is desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- At least 6 years experience working in a warehouse, logistics or supply chain field.
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
- Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt
- Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
Information Management & Reporting
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
- Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
- Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via E- Recruitment attaching a signed application letter, a Curriculum Vitae and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receipt of applications is 3 June 2020.
Female applicants who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.