Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a registered charity, founded in 1979. Action Contre la Faim operates in 24 countries. The international network of Action Contre la Faim is represented in Paris, London, Madrid, New York and Montreal. Teams in the field combat hunger on four fronts: nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
The incumbent is responsible for securing sound logistical performance and coordination at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support. The Head of Logistics Department is responsible for developing a logistics strategy for the mission, making logistics data available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategy and producing high quality and timely logistics contributions to " proposals & quote; and reports for funding bodies.
The Head of Logistics Department is responsible for implementing ACF logistics regulations throughout the mission and ensuring compliance with them;
- Ensuring that logistical commitments made to funding agencies are respected;
- Designing and implementing the staff safety and security plan in close consultations with the Country Director;
- Informing and training the teams about staff safety and security and the related resources;
- Participating in the process of selecting partners and validating the risk analysis in logistical matters;
- Defining and working with partners the modes of logistics management in the framework of joint projects;
- Validating the logistical aspects of partnership conventions and agreements;
- Identifying the risks of fraud and corruption in his/her field of competence and putting in place preventative and monitoring mechanisms;
- Prepare procurement plans and execute those plans and oversee the full array of procurement functions of purchasing, expediting, shipping, receipt and inspections, and logistics to ensure timeously delivery of goods and services.
- Direct, Coordinate and optimize Procurement of goods and services in compliance with the Procurement policy;
- Best practice and specific donor requirements ensuring;
- Regularly reviewing and ensuring that all vehicle operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within the mission;
- Developing, implement and monitor monthly vehicle reports to ensure efficiency and effective use of organizational vehicles;
- Developing, implementing and enforcing vehicle management best practices, policies and procedures;
- Ensuring effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of vehicles in order to minimize downtime;
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of organizational vehicles.
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule and monitor post repair performance.
- Set up a process of review for all service contracts, Supplies and Suppliers ensuring that maximum value for money benefits are achieved through supplier rationalization, developing and updating an Approved Supplier list.
- Regular reviews, development of Service Level Agreements and key performance measures;
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files and records, supplier lists, the status of requisitions, contracts and orders, approve payments, monitor subcontractor performance,
- Drafting contracts with suppliers to obtain value for money and updating the contracts to minimize legal costs for the Organisation
- Degree in logistics/administration or equivalent Masters degree an added advantage ;
- 3-5 years operational experience within logistics, security, management, administration, financial management and report writing, with at least 3 years working experience in a senior management capacity;
- Good understanding of and familiarity with the principles of the international procurement standards including donor regulations ;
- At least 3 years of experience in the Humanitarian Sector and in External coordination and representation;
- Experience in strategic thinking and planning skills, be able to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress;
- Proven experience as Head of Logistics department or similar position mandatory – at least 3 years managing multiple bases, working with multiple donors, with remote management experience.
- Previous experience as Head of Logistics department with significant financial volume,
- Experience working for an INGO in a humanitarian emergency context,
- Experience managing security, including training, compiling incident reports, and security plan revision.
Forward Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied for in the email subject to email@example.com
Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting your application.
Please note this is an urgent recruitment, applications will be processed as they are received.
The process may be stopped if a candidate is found before the closing date.
Deadline: 23 June 2020