Duration: 7 months
Africa AHEAD, a national NGO in partnership with Action Contre-la Faim needs to fill the following vacancies to support implementation of an emergency program in Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Mutare Rural
Please note that this recruitment is in anticipation of expected funds
The incumbent will implement and supervise all logistics operations. He/she will organize logistic support for programs. The officer will oversee the Logistics Assistants and is responsible for ensuring their work corresponds and is compliant with AA’s internal systems and overall objectives. The Logistics Officer will work in an orderly and organized manner to define work plans with time-lines. Other duties may be assigned, as appropriate, by the line-managers, to enhance the smooth running of projects and to attain organizational goals.
Key Result Areas
- Manage the AA purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs;
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints;
- Receive, approve and process requests for quotes and purchase requisition form;
- Ensure that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored and observed;
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents and the drafting of the contracts;
- Participate in the drafting of the call for tenders;
- Ensure purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed;
- Participate in the selection of suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods;
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with AA policies;
- Ensure that dealings with suppliers are monitored
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles;
- Establish vehicle movement schedules;
- Ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing;
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to AA vehicle policy;
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly;
- Ensure that fuel consumption and vehicle mileage are monitored, consolidated, analysed and recorded;
- Prevent the misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates (if applicable);
- Ensure the correct use of the stock cards;
- Ensure the monthly physical stock inventory
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register;
- Maintain an up to date record of inventories
- Establish and supervise the work plan of the logistics assistants and the drivers;
- Delegate the activities and check that they are properly executed;
- Provide technical support to the team if necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma logistics, supply chain management, transport or relevant technical studies;
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required;
- Good communication and representative skills.
- At least 2 years previous field experience in an NGO environment;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in similar position.
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the Subject line can be sent out to: email@example.com
While we value all applications received, we unfortunately can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Canvassing will disqualify applicants.
Deadline: 3 April 2020 (COB)