Magamba Network, Zimbabwe’s trailblazing creative and digital media organisation, is looking for a young, dynamic Project Officer. The individual would be joining Magamba TV, one of the country’s leading production houses for political satire and comedy shows. Magamba TV is an exciting digital media project focused on creating cutting edge online video content to reach young people with progressive and humorous information. The content will be news on social, political and cultural issues packaged in a creative, satirical way to reach young viewers online and on social media.
We are looking for a talented Project Officer who would run the project on a day-to-day basis, oversee personnel, plan productions and provide creative input to this vibrant digital media project. The individual would need to be skilled in project management, have good interpersonal skills and be passionate about media. A background in satire, content creation and script-writing/and or acting is a bonus.
- The successful candidate will be a creative and experienced media professional with a background in film, journalism and/or digital media, as well as competencies in project management.
- It is key that the individual is a team player and works well in a collaborative environment.
- The candidate should be methodical, well organised and have the ability to manage multiple priorities. This post is being offered on a fixed term contract basis.
- Conceptualising and planning all TV & film productions and projects; Coordinating the production of Magamba TV shows with crew and cast;
- Assisting with script writing; Acting in episodes where possible
- Coordinating the Magamba TV project;
- Organizing the launches of new seasons;
- Organizing the marketing of all productions;
- Liaising with project partners and funders;
- Drafting proposals for fundraising;
- Providing narrative and progress reports to project partners;
- Participating in mid-term and final project evaluations;
- Creating and implementing project monitoring frameworks, indicators, targets, data collection tools, M&E plans;
- Timeously provide monthly and quarterly reports on all activities, outputs and relevant outcome indicators;
- Ensuring that project runs within budget;
- Work as part of Magamba Network team in contributing towards meeting the organisation’s objectives;
- Manage any staff assigned to work for the project;
- Any other duties assigned by the Operations Manager
Press, Marketing & Social Media
- Devise and manage a social media strategy that enhances the profile of the project and utilise all digital platforms;
- Running social media for Magamba TV and other related accounts;
- Managing all Magamba TV online platforms including the website;
- Assist in designing graphics and publicity materials;
- Increase online audiences via all social media platforms.
The above list is not exhaustive and any other duties may be included.
- BS degree in Film studies, Cinematography, Media, Film, Communication or related field;
- Creative and artistic;
- Proven work experience as a Project Officer;
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages;
- Good report writing and proposal writing skills;
- Command of written and spoken English;
- Good computer skills;
- Tech savvy and experience in social media management;
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal skills, must have self-confidence;
- Passionate about satire, comedy and using arts for social change
Application closing date for CVs and Covering Letters: Friday 21 February 2020 at 1pm
Interested candidates should forward a Cover Letter and CV with subject title ‘Project Officer’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org