Job Title: Management Accountant
Division: Tsebo Zimbabwe, Finance
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Checks Required: ID, Criminal, Qualifications
Job Status: Active
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
A Management Accountant is an integral position within the finance department. The key function of this role is to analyse financial information and implement effective strategies to enhance overall business performance.
Combining both accounting and management skills, the Management Accountant has overall accountability for preparing, developing and applying findings from financial reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making
- Produce month end and year end journals
- Prepare statutory and management accounts
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
- Manage capital expenditure
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, alongside establishing effective communication channels to inform management on all aspects of company finance
- Lead, manage, guide and motivate a team
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations
- Accountability for cash flow and production of forecasts
- Review company assets and liabilities
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts
- Assessment of monthly expenses
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT
- Production of relevant commercial analysis e.g. margins and pricing
Skills and Competencies
- Highly competent, with solid commercial & financial acumen and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of management information systems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- Dynamic, committed and experienced
- Strong at developing, maintaining and managing a relationship with suppliers, internal customers and other key stakeholders at all organizational levels to achieve business objectives
- Excellent mathematical abilities, computer skills (to handle electronic data) and business knowledge
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- At least 5 O Levels including Mathematics and English, A Level including Mathematics or Accounts or Economics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Actuarial Science / Banking and Finance / Business Management; Information Systems or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Professional Accounting qualification such as CPA/CA/CIMA/ACCA/CIS or similar post-graduation qualification will be an advantage
- At least 5 years’ post qualifying experience
- Budget management experience is required
- Driver’s license essential
NB: If you meet the above requirements and you are interested to be considered for this position, please visit our Tsebo Career Site; Create an account; and submit your application, to the Recruitment Team through the Career Centre’s link before the 21st of August 2020.
Job Reference number is: TSE200812-1
Job Title is: Management Accountant under Finance & Catering Division
Should you have any enquiries or need more clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact the HR Department or email@example.com ,
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.