Accountability Lab catalyzes a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders. We train, mentor, and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability to unleash positive social and economic change. The Lab also strives to reinvent the way that development organizations operate through radical transparency, context-appropriate reporting, and creative awareness campaigns. The Accountability Lab is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC with locally registered offices around the world.
The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Finance and Administration Manager in financial management of the AL Zimbabwe.
- S/he will be responsible for financial support to AL Zimbabwe including, but not limited to, input into the development of budgets, cash flow management, reviewing payments and disbursement packages, ensuring compliance with USAID grant conditions relating to finance, financial analysis, supporting project staff with provision of advice and reports, preparation of cash forecasts and grants management.
- The Senior Finance Officer will maintain acceptable accounting standard and financial control according to USAID funding requirements rules and procedures.
- A degree in Accounting, CIS or equivalent qualification;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up;
- Experience in USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Skilled in supporting the developing of budgets and proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases;
- 1-3 years of relevant grants management experience, including experience enhancing financial management capacity of civil society organizations.
Location: Harare with extensive travel across Zimbabwe and internationally as needed.
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com by June 28, 2020.
Recruitment is on rolling basis, therefore qualified and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Deadline: 28 June 2020