Station: Gwanda and Lupane Districts
Contract Period: June 2020 to August 2020
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. The International Medical Corps is anticipating a UNICEF funded project on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Response to COVID-19 in Health Care Facilities in Mat South and North Provinces. The International Medical Corps is therefore seeking for qualified 2 MEAL Assistant candidates for this project. The position is contingent upon funding being received from the Donor.
The primary function of the MEAL Assistant is to lead the project’s monitoring and evaluation learning efforts. S/He will lead in design and expedition of the project baseline and end line as well as other assessments as necessary and will provide strategic oversight to the design of the project management, information system and database.
The MEAL Assistant will
- Oversee the M&E system and all aspects of data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Create and/or update M&E tools;
- Train field staff;
- Routinely monitor implementation of all activities to ensure progress and identify programmatic issues that need to be addressed;
- Ensure data quality by performing regular supervision.
- The MEAL Assistant will ensure that AAP data is collected routinely throughout the project cycle.
- She/he will develop and maintain local Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism (CBFRM) Procedures as per organizational CBFRM Guidelines.
- The MEAL Assistant will also lead the learning efforts by taking a lead role in all humanitarian studies planned during the project cycle and ensure internal and external reports are of good quality and donor requirements in terms of quality and content.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years programming experience in humanitarian work with a specific focus on monitoring and evaluation.
- Fluency and proficiency in isiNdebele is an added advantage.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Short listing done on a rolling basis
Related Jobs (2)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 25, 2020 Full Time